Friday, December 5, 2014

One of the Great Things about My Life


One of the great things about my life is the time I spend with God every night.  Since I was about 14 years old, I've tried to make a habit of reading God's Word every night - whether I feel good, feel up to it, feel guilty, feel sleepy, feel angry, feel nothing at all - I need to read Scripture.

Perhaps at first I just felt it was something Christians were suppose to do.  But as I have fallen more in love with my Savior, I've come to love the time I spend in His Word.  I love reading passages that I've read many times before and finding new intricacies that I never noticed before.  This is when I know His Word is alive and active.

My time with Jesus every night is so precious to me, as it's the one time of day that I can be alone and focus in on what the Creator and Sustainer of my life has to say to me.  I say I want to serve Him.  I ask for more opportunities to serve Him.  So I have to remain in His Word.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving us Your Word that I have the freedom and time to read.  Thank you for what it teaches me daily.  Please never let me neglect the reading of Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment